Friday, July 13, 2012

The Main Event

Was Perfect!

It rained, much needed rain, but perhaps could have done it a different day! But it rained before the wedding and was beautiful and hot during the ceremony. We were supposed to be in the shade, but we weren't, but we survived. The kids...well, Eddie was ready for a nap, and didn't do so well. He had his pacifier in his mouth just to keep him happy in the wagon, but as they were going down the aisle, Ainsley decided to rip it out of his mouth, so he was crying and reaching for his pacifier. Ha! And minutes after Ed took him out of the wagon he was asleep on Ed's shoulder. Therefore he didn't make it back down the aisle in the wagon. My sister Amanda took all these pictures for me, so I am happy to have what I do. But I don't have any pictures of Eddie in his tux, straight on. I was just too busy doing other things when the opportunity presented. So, I am hoping that someone has some to share eventually.
Anyway, back to the ceremony. Went perfect. We all cried as usual, but still great.
After the ceremony we took a few lingering photos and then it was on to the bus for an hour of cruising around town. Kid free! Poor Ed had to deal with them alone for this hour. He did survive. though. We stopped at 2 places along the route for a few pictures, and then it was on to the cocktail hour.
Cocktail hour was outside. Lots of people to try to say hi to as well as find my kids and husband. Eddie was on fire so I removed his dress shirt, and sported the chip n dale look of dress pants and vest for the remained of his stay. I think he was suffering from not only the heat and lack of sleep, but also his 4th and final molar. Anyway, dinner was good (although Jordyn and I had a hard time eating while awaiting our speeches, which went great by the way), kids were back and forth between my seat and Ed's, and up and down with Grandpa Kris and who ever else. Dinner was barely done, and Ed gave his parents a call to come and pick up the kids. They were too needy at this point, and just needed to be able to loosen up elsewhere. There wasn't any dancing opportunities for the kids, but they didn't know what they were missing anyway. Weddings sure are different when you have kids to be responsible for. The rest of the night was great, lots of dancing, several beverages, and just pure good times.

No comments: