Friday, June 6, 2008

Brown and Green Delight...(34 5/7 weeks)

Where do I even begin?


I got to enjoy a wonderful shower last night with my wonderful co-workers and friends. The festivities were held at Amy's house in Oconomowoc, and she never ceases to amaze me with her entertaining abilities. The shower theme should I call it, was green and brown, just like our nursery. Plates, napkins, diaper cake, wrapping paper, you name it, it was all "brown and green delight!" The many people who represent St. Joe's NICU!
The menu for the night included summer salads, fresh breads, cheeses, wine, flavored teas, cheesecake (multiple flavors), pies, and many other splendid appetizers. We started with appetizers, then opened gifts, then had our main course (for what room we had left in our bellies), then played a couple games, then on to dessert. Of course with us women, there was much socializing going on the entire time, and the usual work talk that we can never seem to leave at the hospital. I can't even explain to you how generous these women I work worth are. We received many wonderful items, including the remaining few big items we didn't think we would receive. The breastfeeding pump and bouncy seat were the bigger items left on the list that we figured we wouldn't get by without, and these women accomplished that for us. So wonderful. Of course there were plenty of other adorable baby items as well, from clothing (some gender specific!), to bath items, to medicines, to blankets, to breastfeeding accessories, you name it, we got it. We are so lucky to have such wonderful people in our lives!

Thanks to Lisa, I am able to share some updated belly photos too. Apparently my lack of wanting my bare belly photographed isn't allowed by these ladies either, so those might be to come, if I can get Ed to take them. We'll see if I give in to the pressure. I know pregnancy is a beautiful thing, there is just something about veiney, pastey, stretched skin that isn't appealing to me, especially when it is mine!

No comments: