Saturday, May 10, 2008

Another Shower...But not for us!!

After working friday night, I slept really fast and was up preparing for a Bridal Shower that my mom and I, and Amber threw for cousin Rachel. I think Rachel has been mentioned previously on the blog when she gave birth to Aiden last October (2007). Rachel and Greg are getting married June 7, 2008. So it was time for a shower.

Rachel and Amber (Maid of Honor)


We had a very nice turnout, and things went very smoothly despite my lack of sleep. We had a picnic themed meal with Rachels favorite, croissants. We had chicken salad and ham n cheese, pasta salad, fruit kabobs, veggies, chips, brownies and cake. Our decorations were mostly blue, black and white, as royal blue is her color choice for the wedding. My mom even had the cake decorated with blue and black and white frosting, which didn't do so well for the pearly whites.

(Notice the black and blue teeth and lips!)

Amber was in charge of games, she had a questionaire about Rachel and Greg for everyone to play, and also a purse game where if you had the things she asked for in your purse you got a ring, and the person with the most rings in the end won! Many women realized all the extra junk they hide in their purses. We also put together a scrapbook for Rachel and Gregs Wedding photos, everyone made a page. (I stole this idea from one of my baby showers, thanks Andrea!!) It turned out very nice!Then of course, there were plenty of gifts for Rachel to open too. Despite the shower festivities, Aiden seemed to take center stage in his activity center. Try to get a peek at his 2 teeth, the child doesn't get his tongue out of the way. Someone taught him a bad habit! Gizmo seemed to be loved by all too. He got lots of attention too, he was rather well behaved!
So to say the least, I am glad that all the parties at 1010 Anton Road are over with. I need a break from cleaning my house!

No comments: