Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mason's Steamer

I made my first road trip alone with both kids today. I was very undecided at first, but we were invited to Mason's 4th birthday party, and I also needed to get my poor dog home too. So I had two reasons to make the trip. And it went well, although the outdoor party was a warm one! Thankfully Lisa had plenty of water entertainment! Just hard when you are one person for 2 kids, one of which wants to be outside in the water and the other that should be inside where it's cool. We survived though, as did several other Mommy's with multiple children.

It was nice to see Lisa, Cora, Amy, Heidi, and Isa and their kids too! Jillian (in green) is 8.5 months, Abby (bottom right) is only like 10 days older than Eddie. Clearly smaller though (as girls should be? Right?)
When the party was done, we headed to Pewaukee to pick up Gizmo. Poor doggy has been gone for a week and a half. Karen and Doug were nice enough to watch him for us while we were in Michigan, and it was easiest for us to drop him off when we were in town the weekend before and today worked to pick him up. I say 'poor dog' but he was probably treated like a king the entire time he was with them. Would probably rather stay with them then come home and be tortured by Rowan. Although she did miss him!

No comments: