Tuesday, September 21, 2010

This process will be...

...the death of me!

So last week I purchased a potty seat finally. Not with plans of starting potty training, but just to have one in the house so when she showed interest we could try. Well, big mistake on my part. It has become an obsession and game to her.

Thursday she was on the potty several times, and just as I was complaining about it, she finally did pee in the thing. Then this weekend, Grandma and Grandpa Bremberger were here to watch her while I worked (Ed was in Chicago for his brothers bachelor party), and they dealt with the potty seat too. She did pee a few times for them too. Then on Sunday when Ed was home with her, she did poop on it 2 times. So the most annoying part of the process is that she just takes her pants and diaper off herself whether you are ready or not. So she decided to say she had to poop and remove her clothes, well turns out she had already pooped in her diaper, so when I finally got into the bathroom the poop was on the floor out of the diaper and she was on her potty seat! Aaayyy. And she refused to lay down so you can get her diaper back on. Finally yesterday I locked the door to the bathroom so she would forget about the seat. Didn't work perfect though. So I did buy some pull ups at the store yesterday but haven't decided if it is worth using them yet. We will see.

1 comment:

Cora said...

Good luck. Potty training is one of the (least) fun parenting adventures!