Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ideas...

Rowan and I spent the last week trying to find and decide on what to do with her room and bed situation. Originally we were going to buy a new crib for the baby and keep Rowan with her bed and convert it. Then I had thoughts of wanting white furniture for Rowan, so I was looking for that. Then I sort of got talked out of it at one of the stores I was in because they said sometimes white can be a bit 'juvenile' so she might not like it as she gets older. Plus, cost is a factor as well. So in addition to the bed issue, I have been trying to decide how I want to decorate her room and am hoping to do some fun painting to lessen the need for decor on the walls. So these are pictures of rooms I like and might use in either Rowan's room or the baby's room.
After shopping last week, I was even more confused on what I wanted to do and buy. And then today I was offered a queen bed set I have had my eyes on from a particular family member which isn't white, but sort of an ivory distressed look. Which throws another wrench in my situation, because I had bought a bedding set for a full on clearance, so now I need to return that and find something reasonable in queen. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled to get the queen set, it is perfect, but I am back to square one on paint colors now. We are hoping to get our painting done this fall while we can still ventilate with the windows open!

My mini baby update, we are re-using the bedding I had for Rowan when she was born, so we will be decorating around that color scheme (brown/green/teal) eventually in the baby's room aka the guest room. And this weekend we have now decided to finish a guest room in the basement before the baby is born I think, but we change our minds daily, so we will see. Full baby update to come tomorrow, I have a doctors appointment and first trimester screening, which includes an ultrasound, so may have more pics. And perhaps a pic of the ever expanding waist line. On a side note...one of our other neighbors whom we don't see outside often was out visiting today, and she asked if I was expecting, and essentially mumbled something about me being so thin (in the past) mumble mumble, so she thought maybe we were expecting. Awesome!



3 comments:

carolyn said...

oohh...i really like the one with all the different colored squares. that would be a big project for ed, but it would look really cute. can't wait for the baby update later today. hope everything goes well.

Cora said...

Room decor decisions are so hard. Paint is especially difficult for me to decide on. I like the pics you've found.

I am always amazed at all the good stuff you guys get as hand-me-downs. Sweet!

Nicole said...

Such fun ideas for the rooms...can't wait to see what you decide to go with. We're hoping to do something fun and different too. Good luck with your appointment and looking forward to seeing pictures. Definitely faster belly growth after you've already been pregnant once, but that's a good thing. Such fun growing a life :-)