Friday, December 23, 2011

The beginning...

...didn't start well in this household. But luckily improved by the afternoon. I worked last night and was dealing with a migraine that wouldn't go away. Therefore sleep wasn't good. And by 5am, I was in the bathroom praying to the porcelain gods from both ends. By 830am it was done. Although the migraine didn't give way until lunchtime. I was dealing with all of this while home alone with both kids while Ed was working. And I was supposed to be packed and ready to hit the road just after lunchtime when Ed got home. And I will say, I did a darn good job. I really didn't want to miss the weekend of holiday gatherings with family that we had planned, so I am very happy I felt well enough to go.

The first celebration of the weekend started this afternoon at the Swan residence with the Hanson family. It was a lot of fun to see all the kids together. It was our first time meeting Quinn in person. And only the second time seeing Ainsley. And of course with us living 1.5 hours away, we really don't see much of our extended family period. So hard to remember what life was like just 5 years ago without all the little munchkins running around. It's definitely gotten a lot more chaotic.
The jolly fat man joined us this year again too. Luckily Rowan was much more into him this year. She was very quiet and shy when on his lap, but talked a ton after she was done. Eddie was okay with him, but starting to roll out his lip by the end of the interaction! Bennett was the only one to scream while sitting on his lap, but I recall Rowan doing the same thing at his age!
Here is Great Grandma Marion with all her great grandchildren. We started the photo taking not realizing we were missing Bennett because he was sleeping. So by the time we got him in the picture, most of the kids had had enough. 
Santa and the cutest kids of the evening! And probably the sleepiest too. No naps are never a good thing.
It was a great start to the holiday weekend. Visiting with family and enjoying all the kids is always a good time. Wish we could all do it more!

We did get in on the scrooge gift exchange this year with one gift between both Ed and I. We came home with some Packer slippers and a scratch off. Didn't win on the scratch off, but I got some super cozy slippers!

No comments: