Sunday, December 4, 2011

aunt amanda...

...came to help us out this weekend, and we are grateful, but next year we need more than one day.
We enlisted Amanda to come for the day and watch the kids so that Ed and I could go Christmas shopping. Rowan is too old now to shop for her when she is along, and Ed said her wanted to help this year, so Aunt Amanda came to the rescue. Although when the time came to actually shop, Ed was regretting agreeing to come along. And after the 2nd store, he was done with the crowds.

We probably had 60% of our shopping to do, and we will never try to get that much done in one day ever again. I was ready for a nap after about 4 hours of shopping. Ugh! Doesn't help that I had a hard time coming up with ideas for all of us this year, and therefore gave pretty much all of them away to other family, which left us walking in circles around Toys R Us trying to find stuff for our own kids! Not fun!

I'm thinking I actually would have rather stayed home with the kids. But the kids were good for Amanda, and I think she had fun with them. So it was worth it! Rowan, Amanda and I headed out on Sunday too to try to finish up a few things, and were pretty successful.

We thank Aunt Amanda again for coming to help. Please save a full weekend for us next year!

No comments: