Monday, November 19, 2007

Ambitious Sunday...

Well we got a lot done on Sunday. After football watching and shopping of course. While Ed watching his weekly sunday football I headed to the store to search for some tree trimming necessities. At least that is what I like to call them.

Since we invested in a pre-lit christmas tree this year, I decided I would like our tree to look more elegant and 'grown-up' for lack of a better term. I also changed from all silver to red and gold this year. So I needed new ornaments, trimmings, tree top and skirt. So it was mission christmas tree yesterday. I had made a trip to my Dad and Julies to analyze their tree because I wanted it to look similar to theirs (yes Julie has the tree up, the Hanson xmas is this saturday that is why it's up so early) So after much needed help and guidance from Julie I was on my way. Well almost 4 hours later I had most of what I needed. Ed has been asking when I was going to put the tree up since the box has been sitting in our living room for 2 weeks now, but I was trying to wait until the friday after Thanksgiving.

Also Ed wanted to clean the carpet before we put it up. So I borrowed the carpet cleaning vacuum from Dad and Julie, Ed cleaned the carpets last night in the living/dining room and up the tree went shortly afterwards. It is definitely a work in progress. I over bought in some areas and under bought in others, so I have a few things to return and a few more to buy, still missing a tree top also.

Here is Ed cleaning the carpet in the living/dining room.















This is all the stuff we had to move out of the living/dining room in order to clean the carpet.

While I was our shopping yesterday I finally got my long awaited flannel sheets from Target that were on sale like 3 weeks ago and I have been patiently waiting with my rain check for the kings to arrive. So we put those on the bed last night too, they are wonderful and cute too.


The other revelation we have stumbled upon this weekend is, we are now teaching Gizmo that he can't go on the furniture and our bed. We are trying to change something we have allowed for 2 years now, could be interesting. But someday we will have new furniture that we won't want the dog on and dog hair is just getting to us. So it is time for a change. Stay posted for how that is going.
Here is Gizmo illegally laying on our bed while Ed was cleaning carpets, we now need to keep our door closed so he stays off. He isn't a fan of noisy things though, so he was 'hiding'.

No comments: