Friday, July 25, 2014

Last Kiltie trip...and rehab

So, thanks to my friend Carolyn, I found this wonderful lady on facebook that refinishes furniture. I'm sad I found her so close to us moving, because she did some great work for me. The first piece I took her was the cedar chest that my Grandma Audrey gave me. It has been sitting in our basement for the last year because the color of the chest just didn't work with my décor. But I had her refinish and distress it a grey color and now it is awesome in the living room. We also had her do 2 end tables that were in our living room as well. Now they are antique white with even more distressing. But more tolerable for us.
I also bought from her 2 dressers and had 2 other end tables done for Eddie's room. Loving her work.
One last time of getting each and every toy out of our garage to play with. We sure had the prime location for playing for all of the kids.

Then for dinner tonight we headed with all our close neighbor friends to the Kiltie to eat and have ice cream. The weather could've been a bit warmer, but it didn't seem to bother the kids.
Or the adults...Wood, Smith, Bonnett, Ross and Kowieski families all represented.
We have been so lucky to have such great neighbors and friends. Sure will miss them all.

No comments: