Sunday, May 27, 2012

Chicago IL

The long awaited and planned weekend in Chicago has finally come and quickly gone.

I was lucky enough to accept the Matron of Honor opportunity in my cousin/BFF Casey's wedding in July. Therefore, her youngest sister, Jordyn aka Maid of Honor, and I planned a day/night in Chicago for her Bachelorette Party. We did a darn good job if I do say so myself.

We were on the road by 830am Saturday morning, we had a caravan of 3 vehicles, and arrived around 1030am. It was so weird driving somewhere long distance and not having to stop for someone to go potty! We checked into the hotel, and then headed to Michigan Ave to do a little shopping before our lunch reservation at noon.

We had lunch at Mercaditos. Very tasty. Great Margaritas.

Then we headed back to the Magnificent Mile for some more shopping. Late afternoon we all headed back to the hotel to clean up, then Jordyn and I put on a little bachelorette shower. Complete with dips, drinks and a couple games. We had Casey guess who bought her which pair of panties (she wasn't very good) and we also play a game of He Says, She Says. Jordyn asked Jake several questions about their relationship and then we asked Casey. And she did awesome. She got many of them right, but the ones she got wrong she had to chew a piece of bubblicious. And her wad of gum was rather large at the end despite her doing well?

630pm, we were off to dinner at Hub 51. Another great meal. 2 hours later we were on our way to Epic Sky, a rooftop bar. Very fun atmosphere. We hung out there until it was time to head to the drag show at 1030pm. I am so glad that everyone loved the Drag show. And best of all, we were able to get Jordyn and her friend in as well. When the Drag show was done, we made one last stop at another bar and then were headed back to the hotel.
We were on the road home Sunday morning about 930am. Once we could get the hungover bride to be in the car. The only one hungover! That is how it is supposed to be! I spent the afternoon at my Dad's house before showering and heading to a shower for Casey put on by her soon to be sister in law. I didn't stay for the whole thing so that I could get home at a reasonable time and see the kids before they headed to bed. It was a very fun weekend. I will be exhausted for days!

No comments: