Wednesday, February 2, 2011

waiting out the storm

This is what our house looked like last night! Staying warm inside, while the wind howled outside. We didn't get quite as much snow and other areas, but the wind was sure whippin' out there. Rowan and I were out and snowblowed (my 1st time!) before lunch yesterday, and by the time Ed got home, the drifts were back! I think I am leaving that project for Ed today. Rowan and I are going to stay snuggled inside!

Anyway, poor Gizmo has once again been subjected to Rowan's bossyboots! She was bringing him some food and forcing him to play with her last night. Apparently Ed and I aren't good enough playmates. Then Rowan and Ed enjoyed an evening snack, POPCORN! Rowan has learned some bad snacking habits from her parents! I guess it could be worse.

1 comment:

molly and blayne said...

Jealous you got to use a snow blower! did you guys just get one or did you already have one? Blayne keeps saying we have more important things to spend our money on...but conveniently for him, he's never home to shovel! I've done almost all of it this year and my back is aching after the blizzard. The piles on the sides of our driveway are nearly chest deep and the piles at the end of our driveway are as tall as I am. I think I'm just going to buy myself a snow blower and forbid him from using it! ;-)