Wednesday, June 16, 2010

No more nights alone...

I survived my last 3 day stint in Milwaukee for Children's orientation. Barely. The days this week seemed much longer than last week, and the nights alone in my hotel room even more lonely!

I will say, one perk to being there was getting to catch up with friends. Monday night I went to dinner with my long lost St. Joe's friends, a few of them anyway. Cora, Lisa, Nicole, Carolyn, Amy and I had dinner at Carabba's. It was so nice to see the pregnant ladies up and about (both on bedrest or some modified version of, Cora and Nicole) and get caught up on all the St. Joe's drama! Tuesday night my sister saved me from the lonely hotel and we did some shopping at Mayfair (more like window shopping, we didn't buy much), got a pedicure, and had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. It was a lovely relaxing night of catching up with her as well.

Finally, on Wednesday I got to come home! Next week I will start working on the floor finally and get back to reality a bit. Haven't decided if that is good or bad yet, I think good.

1 comment:

Cora said...

It is probably good to be home, but it was great to get to see you 2 weeks in a row!

Are you going to remember how to take care of (sick) babies? It's been a while.