Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Children's Hospital of WI-FV

Well I finally finished working my 5 (12 hours shifts) out of the last 7 days, and man am I ready for a break! But, I am actually enjoying my job. I am so happy to say that, especially since I might be out of options here in the Fox Valley!

So, when following the orientation plan they have developed for new hires, I am technically in week 4, but if you look at what I have actually been doing on a day to day basis, I am in week 9. So let's just say I am on the accelerated program. I offered to take the oscillator yesterday (aka the sickest baby in the unit), but they didn't think jumping from convalescing babies to that was the right transition. Needless to say, I should definitely be done with orientation by the end of July, which is what they have me scheduled through right now. I just need to prove my competence and learn the way they do things. The NICU has been busy by their standards, and is finally starting to slow down. I hope this continues so I am not working mandatory right away when I am off orientation. I am looking forward to working part time. I haven't been able to finish an orientation since living here at this point! I am having a hard time remembering the way they do things because I am so used to doing what I did at St. Joe's. There really aren't that many big differences (I would list them all, but not many readers would understand) but enough to confuse me sometimes.

That is my story.

On Ed's end of the working world...he is finally done working 10 hour shifts, but we still don't know when he will start his new position. He at least knows they have started interviewing people to fill his position. So hopefully soon!

Sorry, no pictures to share...will have plenty after the holiday weekend!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

So glad you're enjoying your new job! Nothing like feeling comfortable and competent! So happy for you

Cora said...

Can't trust the MILK with an oscillator baby! NO way. If they only knew the crap we'd make you do. How about 2 HFOV's and admitting? That's more like it!

So glad that you are liking things. Since you've already worked at every hospital in the area.