Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A long 3 days...

So, along with a new nursing job, comes orientation. The 3 jobs I have had usually consisted of maybe 1 or 2 days of hospital wide orientation. Not this one though. Children's Hospital and Health Systems has a total of 6 days of RN orientation, hospital wide!

So the last 3 days I was stuck in Milwaukee for orientation, and I have to go back next week Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for more! CHHS is very accommodating in that, they either transport us there and back or rent us a car to drive, and they pay for our hotel. For people like me, with a husband and a daughter, it isn't convenient to be stuck away from home for 3 days. But I did survive. Didn't help that I was leaving 2 sick persons behind either. But they survived too.

Monday night, when my orientation day was over, I was able to hang out with Cora and Lisa. Cora was nice enough to come pick me up (we don't have transportation beyond the hotel shuttle that only takes you within a 5 mile radius) and we went to Lisa's so that Amelia, Maya and Mason could play, and I could help Lisa with an art project! When this was all done, Cora, Lisa, and I headed to Jose's Blue Sombrero for dinner and girl time! It was very nice. It was the 1st dinner in I don't know how long where I didn't have to shovel my food and run with a toddler in tow! (Oh, I almost forgot, Cora was toting a little being with her too, I think a little boy! Time will tell when we the ultrasound date approaches!)

Tuesday night, my Aunt Karen rescued me from the hotel in the rain, and took me to dinner and to visit Crystal, Garrett and Kenadee! It was a lovely visit for all of us. Kenadee is super cute, and looks just like her mom and dad. I personally think they look alike, so I can't say she looks like one more than another.

Then Wednesday it was finally time to head home. I got home about 615pm, had some dinner, did some laundry and spent some time with my family that missed me dearly. So happy to be home.

I didn't get any pictures of the girls at dinner Monday night, but got a few of Kenadee and family. Koda (the spelling of her name escapes me right now, sorry Crystal!) was such a good doggy when we were there too. She was great with Kenadee.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Wow! I can't believe how different she looks now... I was so glad that you got to come and visit us!