Friday, June 18, 2010

Keep 'em Coming...

just kidding...it isn't even July yet and Rowan has birthday presents rolling in already!

truly, Rowan doesn't need anything for her birthday. She has plenty of toys, so many that I have been thinking about packing some away because there are too many around the house. I've even resorted to saying she could use clothes or shoes, which many would argue she doesn't need either. Oh well, she is little and enjoys opening presents, and deserves to be spoiled while she can be!

On another note, Karen and Doug stopped by today on their way up to Pickerel to visit Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Blodgett for Father's Day. They came bearing gifts (bubbles, sandals, an outfit, and a flower sucker too!) Of course they didn't forget dog treats for Gizmo (the child they never had) and they took us out to lunch too. We appreciate them taking time out of their trip to stop and visit. They were used and abused by Rowan and her puzzles, and her nap time game. She always makes us (and visitors apparently) lay down on a pillow and she covers us/them up with her blankets, and then she rubs/pats/slaps our backs while we 'fall asleep'. This is the regimen they have a daycare for naptime. I am sure their back rubs are a bit more gentle than hers!
Then, tonight the Big Brown Truck dropped off a package for Rowan too! Grandma and Grandpa Bill ordered her a Rolling Duffel bag to match her preschool backpack from PotteryBarn Kids! I think I am more excited about it than her. But she got to open it right away so that she can pack her stuff in it for up north over the 4th of July! I will have no problem filling it for her!

I have a video of Ed and Rowan popping bubble wrap with Rowan's butt on my phone, but haven't gotten it transferred to YouTube yet! It is hilarious! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Cora said...

Cute bag! I love playing nap. It's my favorite!