Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy 8th Birthday Gizmo!

Hard to believe Gizmo has been in our family for 8 years already.
Can't imagine our lives without him!
 
An addition to Gizmo's special day...today we headed to Nana and Papa's house for the night because I have a job interview tomorrow at 2pm in Milwaukee (Children's). Of course it was snowing, so Nana went out to do a little shovelling when the snow slowed, and the dogs went out with her. Well next we noticed, there was blood in the snow, lots of it. Turns out Gizmo tore/bent back his dew claw! We (Sue, Gail and I) held him down to put some powder on it to stop the bleeding and wrapped it up in an old sock and gauze. I proceeded to contact my cousin in law Aaron to see what I should do about it. Well, I ended up taking him to the vet in Pewaukee to have it looked at while Nana, Ed and the kids went out for dinner. They ended up sedating Gizmo and cutting back the dew claw. So some sedation, antibiotics, pain pills, exam etc later, and 200$, Gizmo and I were on our way home to eat our take out dinner. Here is Gizmo after he came too, he was a bit groggy all night, he couldn't even keep his tongue in his mouth.


No comments: