Saturday, March 6, 2010

Labor and Delivery, Here I Come...

No, I am not pregnant!

But I have accepted a new job, at Appleton Medical Center (AMC)!

Thursday I received a call with a job offer, part-time (0.6) 12 hour shifts (6a-6p/6p-6a), rotating days and nights. And I accepted.

I am very sad to leave my wonderful friends at St. Joe's, but a 1 hour 20 minute drive just doesn't make sense, nor is it safe after being awake for 24 hours! So, I have put in my resignation letter as of yesterday, and my last day at St. Joe's will be March 16th! I am not starting at AMC until March 29th, so will be taking a week off in between jobs! Plan to spend that week/weekend visiting our new nephew in MI, and maybe a few other short road trips, we will see.

I will be working full time through orientation, so I won't get to enjoy the part time life for a few more months. I am going to eventually be a Labor & Delivery nurse as well as proficient in their Level II nursery and Postpartum as well. I like to call it, the jack of all trades! It will make me more marketable in the future as well!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm saaaaaaaad. We will miss you!!! Your last day is the 16th really. Wow that was fast!

Cora said...

6-6...I wonder if that 12 hour shift will be easier? You'll have to get up REALLY early for days, but leaving at 6am would be great for nights!

Crystal said...

"Jill of all trades" ;-) Congrats on the new job Megan! That's great news! I'm sure the long commute got old real quick.