Tuesday, December 5, 2017

behind schedule

We are a little behind on the Christmas tree for my liking this year. Normally we have it up the day after Thanksgiving, or at least that weekend. But we had to throw away our tree last year as sections of lights stopped working by the end of the holiday...so we hadn't had time to get a new one. 

Then our unplanned trips for funerals put a wrench in our ability to shop for one; so last night, we headed to At Home to see what we could find. And we got one!!

So tonight we got it up and decorated! Feeling much better about the holiday progress now.
We went back to a tree with white lights. I had wanted to get one with both multi and white light options; but it just didn't happen. And after last Christmas, Nana made me a tree skirt because I was struggling to find the one I wanted! I love it! Need to get some new ornaments next year I think. And our tree topper was too heavy for the tree; so we are going topless this year.
Hope the kids didn't mind Rudy and Buster putting up their Christmas window clings last night...at least they did a nice job applying them. Not quite the window the kids probably would have chosen. Oh well.

No comments: