Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Oops, we did it again...

Baby #2 Coming March 21, 2011!

This is how we shared the news with family! Rowan is wearing the shirt in many previous pictures but there were no clear shots of the shirt, so here it is! You can see she wore it hard, there are a few stains I was unable to get out! Oh well!
So today I am 11 weeks. I am going to do my best to journal this pregnancy, because I have come to realize I did a very poor job of it when I was pregnant with Rowan!

So here it goes...I had a positive pregnancy test on July 14th! We have been trying or not trying (not sure what to call it) since probably January but for some reason it just wasn't working. My goal was to have #2 before 2010 ended, but that didn't happen obviously. In June I ordered some ovulation tests, and used them, but they never told me I ovulated! So apparently I didn't use them early enough or often enough, because that is the month it happened. NOt sure how that works!

My first MD appointment was at 8 weeks (August 9th). Had an ultrasound done, blood work drawn, etc. Now we don't go back until 13 weeks, and will have a First Trimester Screening done at that time, which consists of an ultrasound and lab work. With Rowan, I didn't do any extra screening, but for some reason this time I feel like I should, just need piece of mind. We wouldn't do anything extreme obviously unless there was incompatibility with life of course, but I just feel I need to know this time. There is more than just Ed and I in this family this time, so we would like the opportunity to plan more.

So you are probably thinking, they are for sure going find out the sex this time then! NOT! We don't plan to find out again. I/We have had thoughts of sealing the answer in an envelope and opening on Christmas for fun, or just keeping it in case something would happen to a family member and we would want them to know. But that would be the only reason to open it! But we haven't really discussed it much.

I have been feeling really pretty good overall. There is a fine line between being starving, nauteous and full already. As long as I eat small and frequent snacks I for the most part okay. Have had a few headaches, nothing unmanageable thus far. Only one horrible day when it was just Rowan and I home and I had a headache and threw up once. And I hope that doesn't happen again.

And yes, I am already showing, if you call it that. I consider it just being fat. I wake up in the morning with a fairly flat stomach, then eat a meal and am fat and bloated the rest of the day! It's great! I have even been told I look to have a baby bump! Super! Not exactly an ego booster at 11 weeks gestation! Oh well, have to get used to the idea of gaining weight again! Oh, and my MD wasn't thrilled with the 40 pounds I gained with Rowan, she said I should be more in the 25-30lb range, no pressure! Luckily, plenty of my friends and family have reassured me with what their docs have told them, essentially 40 lbs is okay, if I lost it the first time, I will lose it again! Thanks Molly!

Alright, this post is getting nauteously long, will add more pregnancy ideas to future posts. Thanks for all the Congrats thus far!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Finally I can talk about you :) CONGRATS again on baby #2!! What are we going to call this one? The child needs a name and I'm not sure you can use Herm again.

molly and blayne said...

Woohoo! So excited for a new niece/nephew! Congratulations again!

Is Herm = Her + Him? So how about Goy = Girl + Boy?

Cora said...

Yes, Herm was her+him, so "goy" could work this time.

Congrats Megan! I couldn't be happier for you. But I'm sad we won't get to watch you grow day-by-day. I really was great to watch you gain 40 pounds. Maybe go for more this time?!?

And work hard on keeping the blog updated!

Nicole said...

Such exciting news, and so happy for all of you. Glad to hear you've been feeling pretty good so far...that makes a BIG difference! I thought the super thin people were allowed to gain more weight when pregnant? I wouldn't worry about it...you did so well last time! Looking forward to all the pregnant updates and pictures :-)

karen said...

Super exciting news Megan & Ed!!! and Thank You for letting Rowan share the news with kristy & I on friday night ! Rowan's shirt was a very clever idea !

Katie said...

Yay! Congrats Megan! How very exciting for you guys :)