Saturday, January 3, 2009

Rowan and Rice Cereal...

Well, we started the Rice cereal eating on Christmas Day. Rowan wasn't very interested, I even tried adding some bananas into the mix to see if she would like it better, but not so much. So we tried again the next day, and she did much better. So after a few days of rice cereal, I started to add in the good stuff. We started with applesauce for a few days, then moved on to sweet potatoes for a few days, then squash. So far she has liked them all, I think she liked the sweet potatoes the best. Then we tried some spring vegetable mix, disgusting. I couldn't even stand the smell of it, and I swear she gagged on it, so we threw that away after a few bites. Then we went back to applesauce for a few days. Now today we tried Peas, yuck! I could barely stand the smell, and yes I am biased because I don't like peas, but she was very fussy while eating and once I got the applesauce out, she was a whole new eater. So I am thinking we will pass on Peas for a little while too. We will see, might give them one more try tomorrow before moving on.

Rowan is a very good helper too as you can see. I spend more time pulling her hands out of her mouth, or her bib out of her mouth than anything, but she is learning, I guess that is point of this boring rice cereal!

No comments: