Saturday, September 9, 2017

Glen Ellyn BBQ 2017

What a rollercoaster of a day! Fun times, sad times and exciting times all in one...to be elaborated on!

The guys were out the door before sunrise getting in line to set up our station for the day at the BBQ. 
Since the weather cooperated this year, we picked up Nana and headed over there before noon!
Hudson and I loving this weather!
My master chef!
Always entertaining these little people; so we took a walk to the park. 
Us parkgoers!
Followed by faceprinting fun!
me and my girl!
As always, we brought home a trophy thanks to donations for peoples best sauce. Overall our numbers were great; but no top 10's this year, so of course the men weren't happy. 
But how can you not have an awesome day of memories with this group of people!!
Outside of the BBQ, there were many things going on. I found out from my best friend/cousin that her Dad (Uncle Greg) was not doing well. So the impending loss of a family member and trying to support your bestie from miles and miles away was very emotional.

And on the flip side, my sister was in labor with our nephew as well! Rowan and Eddie sent her some encouragement; and I didn't sleep well awaiting his arrival and updated from Uncle Petey. OH, and my husband was snoring like a freight train too!
And Rowan made the Glen Ellyn facebook page with Bob for our win for the day!!
Another great day in Glen Ellyn with family and might as well be family (Speck's). These memories will live on forever!! And there is always next year to step up our game some more. Excited to bring another angel into the world and thankful for the guardian angel we will soon be gaining. 

No comments: